Santa Maria Valley Style Pinquito Beans is the perfect match for Santa Maria Valley Style Tri Tip Roast.
These Pinquito beans complement the best barbecue rips and tri tip recipes. They have a wonderful taste that leaves every guest wanting more.
Ingredients Santa Maria Valley Style Pinquito Beans Recipe:
- 1 lb Pinquito Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Pureed Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3 Teaspoon Chili Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
1. Pour beans into container, rinse and let sit in water cover the bean completely overnight. If you need the quick soak method follow these steps: Rinse beans in cold water. Put them in a large pot and cover with about 3 inches of cold water. Bring almost to a boil (small bubbles will appear around the edge of the pot), cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 1 hour. Drain. The beans will be "soaked" and ready to cook.
2. Cover the beans by at least 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add salt and reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until beans are tender and not mushy. Cook time may vary at a minimum of 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the altitude at which the beans are cooked.
3. Remove from heat and reserve 1 cup of the water from the beans. Drain the beans in the remaining liquid an return the 1 cup of reserved liquid to the now drained beans. Add the Tomatoes, Garlic, Brown Sugar, Chili Sauce and Dry Mustard.
4. Bring the beans to boil and reduce heat to simmer and cook until flavors meld together about 10-15 minutes. At that time you can increase the salt level if desired.
5. Serve Santa Maria Valley Style Pinquito Beans Recipe Hot or Warm.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.