Wonderful Portabello Blue Cheese hamburger recipe that's great anytime.
This recipe is easy and convenient and requires a few simple ingredients but turns out an amazingly great tasting hamburger.
- 2 pounds lean ground Top Sirloin beef
- 4-5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Jake's Santa Barbara Rub
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 Medium Size Portabella Mushroom
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 Kaiser Buns, French rolls or hamburger buns
- 8 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Hickory Salt
Directions Portabella Blue Cheese Hamburgers:
- In a large bowl, thoroughly blend together the blue cheese, chives, Santa Barbara Rub formerly Southwestern Hickory Dry Rub, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, smoked hickory salt, and mustard. Once dry ingredients are blended completely mix in the ground Top Sirloin. Form into 6 or more hamburger patties and place in container. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Clean and de-stem the Portabella mushrooms. Coat with olive oil and place in container.
- Brush buns lightly with olive oil or butter. Buns will be toasted later on the grill.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Oil the grill grate to reduce sticking of burgers. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until they reach desired doneness.
- While grilling burgers, grill Portabella Mushrooms. Grill high heat 4 minutes per side. Mushrooms may look black or charred which is fine.
- Once mushrooms or burgers become done remove and replace with buns.
- Once grill marks and golden appearance is complete on buns remove from grill.
Condiments Portabella Blue Cheese Hamburgers Recipe:
- Deli style ground mustard
- Spring lettuce
Remove grilled/toasted buns and baste both sides with mayonnaise mustard and ketchup. Place burger on bun and top with Portabella mushroom. Add Tomato, lettuce and pickles. With Jake's Portabella Mushroom Blue Cheese Hamburgers is not about hamburgers on the grill how long but the great results you will achieve with this absolutely fantastic recipe.
Special Offer: Use Code: 1707200910 now and take off 10% on any Jake's products.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.