Grilled Asparagus is one of the easiest and healthiest vegetables to grill, besides Bell Pepper. I love Asparagus it is a great vegetable and while it may not be as versatile as carrots or potatoes it is very versatile in its use ability. Asparagus is a perennial flowering plant species in the genus Asparagus. Its young shoots are used as a spring vegetable. The plant itself is great when the vegetable is grilled or steamed and covered with a wonderful Hollandaise sauce. Our directions below focus on the simple process of grilling. This information although is not a recipe is a focused "How to" on the grilling process. We give you some quick steps toward taking common Asparagus, trimming the vegetable and of course following it up with oiling and grilling see below.
Our quick steps to grilling great Asparagus every time are below.
DIRECTIONS Grilled Asparagus
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Trim the bottom of the asparagus at a 45 degree angle
- A good cleaning and soaking in water for at least 15 minutes brings back life to droopy asparagus
- Pat dry and lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil.
- Season to taste with sea salt, regular salt or garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Remove and Serve
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 21 September, 2017.