Clean ribs is a primary requirement prior to barbecue. But before you add dry rubs, marinades and seasoning, we'll need to spend some time getting the ribs prepared and ready. The process is somewhat simple but can be daunting if you've never been exposed to the preparation process.
We'll take you through the simplest form of preparation and cleaning before you fire up your grill for amazing ribs. So let's get the ribs ready as you will need the proper amount of time to ensure they are cooked for serving.
There are a couple of methods for cleaning and flavoring ribs prior to barbecuing on the grill. We'll show you what has worked for us.
To get your ribs ready for grilling you'll need to do a couple of things. The first requires removing the silvery membrane followed by thoroughly washing.
Steps on How to clean ribs
1. Place the BBQ ribs on a large platter or tray.
2. It's a good idea to have the ribs cold but not completely frozen or at room temperature. You'll need to remove the back silver membrane (The membrane is like a fibrous skin that will block the flavor of spices and marinades from penetrating the meat). If you aren't comfortable trimming it yourself, ask your butcher to remove the membrane while it's pliable but not frozen. If the film is frozen it will tear prematurely before you've completely removed it and thus you will extend more than the average amount of work necessary to remove the film.
The best way to start the film removal is to use a section of paper towel or a small butter knife. With the paper towel find a corner section of the film and pull toward the opposite end of the ribs. Pull evenly and slowly so the film will remove in as large a section as possible. If using a butter knife slip the knife underneath the film as you make contact with the meat.
Pry the film upward to create a gap between the film and the meat. Afterward slip a finger just beneath the loosened film then pull upward until you feel the film pulling away from the ribs. Continue lifting and pulling slowly until the film is removed. Repeat the process as necessary to expose the back of the ribs.
3. After the film is remove gently wash the entire surface of the ribs. Dry the ribs with a paper towel of lint free cloth.
4. Coat the clean ribs with the BBQ rub (Dry rubs use a combination of herbs and spices to impart an added level of flavor to BBQ ribs). Jake's provides a wonderful set of BBQ dry rubs that make grilling ribs simple and easy. The steps to grilling ribs with dry rub are as follows, cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for 1 - 3 hours to marinate the ribs.
5. Once the clean ribs have marinated in BBQ dry rub, remove the wrap and allow the ribs to rest on a kitchen counter for about 20 minutes. This will bring the meat somewhere near room temperature. Place the ribs on the grill to start the cooking and grilling process.
Once done, remove and set aside for 5 - 10 minutes, BBQ ribs will generally continue cooking for a few minutes as they cool to just the right temperature for eating. Now that you've learned the rib cleaning process why not take a look at the barbecue sauce and dry rubs used at Jake's Famous Foods to enhance the flavor of these meats. Use code Barbecue10 to take 10% off at checkout.
For additional information on Clean Ribs see our BBQ Tips BBQ Tips
With great information comes great responsibility and that's why we're offering you the option to get our great BBQ Rubs, BBQ Sauce and Condiments at great prices.
Order $49 or more and receive Free Shipping on all items.
Questions on any product just call us at 949-208-6185 and receive the answers you need to make your barbecue work.
Concerned about Privacy...so are we which is why our site is Secure and Protected.
Need multiple ways to pay...so do we which is why we offer PayPal and direct Credit Card payment options.
Have feedback on our products just contact us right away.
Questions on returns see our Returns and Shipping pages or contact us.
Want extra discounts see our deals and discounts pages.
Use our Free Code: Barbecue10 now to take an immediate 10% discount off your purchase.
Hurry and see all our great products and discounts while quantities last.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 21 September, 2017.