Incredible Southwestern Style Balsamic Bourbon Glaze Tri Tip Recipe leaves you hungry for more.
Just imagine the combined richness of Southwestern Santa Barbara style Tri Tip complemented with a perfect Southwestern Style Honey Mustard Balsamic Bourbon Glaze.
Ingredients Balsamic Tri Tip Southwestern Style Glaze:
- 1 Cup of Prepared Mustard
- ½ Cup of Orange Juice
- 1 Cup of Bourbon (Optional**)
- 2 Cups of Honey
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tri Tip Roast
- Jake’s Famous Southwestern Hickory Dry Rub
**Suitable Bourbon substitutes include: Non-alcoholic vanilla extract. Champagne and other sparkling wines: Sparkling apple cider; sparkling cranberry juice; or sparkling grape juice. For this recipe we believe that sparking apple cider or vanilla extract is the better substitute.
Southwestern Tri-Tip Grilling Instructions
- 1. Wash and pat dry Tri Tip
- 2. Trim the Tri Tip of excess fat (excess fat is an amount greater than ½ in from the meat portion of the Tri Tip.. If there is fat on the Tri Tip do not remove it all. The fat will be used to meld into the meat when cooking.
- 3. Generously coat the entire Tri Tip with Jake’s Santa Barbara Smoked Dry Rub
- 4. Let rest for 45 Minutes to 1 Hour
- 5. After resting prepare grill
- 6. Sear the Non Fat side of the Tri-Tip first for 4 to 6 minutes
- 7. Sear the Fat side of the Tri-Tip for 4 to 6 minutes
- 8. After searing move the Tri-Tip off to the side of the grill for indirect cooking. If your grill has multiple burners turn one off and move the Tri Tip over the end burner that has been turned off.
- 9. Cook 15 Minutes on one side then turn.
- 10. Turn every 15 minutes checking the temperature after 30 minutes.
- 11. Continue cooking until Tri Tip reaches your desired temperature.
Honey Mustard Balsamic Bourbon Glaze
1. In a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together 3 cups bourbon and 1 cup prepared mustard.
2. Continuing to whisk, add 1 cup brown sugar. Whisk until the sugar is blended completely.
3. With heat still set to medium, add 2 cups honey stir to thoroughly blend. Add ½ cup of orange juice with ¼ cup of Balsamic Vinegar. Simmer the bourbon sauce for 20 minutes. It is important to allow the sauce to simmer for this length of time or the bourbon will overpower the other ingredients.
4. Remove Honey mustard bourbon sauce from heat. You may use it immediately brush over Tri Tip, pork or beef, or allow to cool to room temperature and store sauce in a covered glass container in refrigerator.
Serve and enjoy.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.