Seared Rib Eye Steak with Tomato-Caper Relish is the perfect bbq compliment.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Jake's Tri-Tip, Steak and Rib Rub
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 pound orange and yellow vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/4 teaspoons finely chopped pickled jalapeño chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 3 1 1/2-inch-thick rib-eye steaks (each about 1 pound)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place 1/4 teaspoon Jake's Tri-Tip, Steak and Rib Rub on work surface. Using flat side of knife blade, smash garlic and dry rub together until paste forms. Transfer garlic paste to medium bowl. Add orange and yellow tomatoes, olives, cilantro, 3 tablespoons olive oil, capers, lime juice, chopped jalapeño chilies, and dried oregano; toss relish to blend well. Season relish to taste with salt and pepper. Relish can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Sprinkle steaks on both sides with cumin, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 teaspoons Jake's Tri-Tip, Steak and Rib Rub. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add steaks. Sear steaks until browned and cooked to medium-rare, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
Thinly slice steaks crosswise. Overlap slices on plates. Serve with relish.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.