Crispy potato skins, filled with melted cheddar cheese, and topped with bacon bits, sour cream and chives are a wonderful treat for the game or just for fun.
These potato skins easy to make. One key to making them crispy is to bake the skins at a high enough heat so that outside is golden brown and crisp enough to hold the toppings.
Ingredients Potato Skins Recipe
- 6 small to medium sized russet baking potatoes (total 3 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp Jake's Tri-Tip, Steak and Rib Rub
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tsp fresh chives or green onions
Steps To Make Potato Skins Recipe
1. Scrub the potatoes clean then lightly grease outside of potatoes, cut small slit into top and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until soft. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out coooked potato, leaving a very thin layer of potato inside. (Save cooked potato for mashed potatoes or hash browns).
3. Brush outside and inside of skins with melted butter. Sprinkle inside with Jake's Tri-Tip, Steak and Rib Rub seasonings and parmesan cheese. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until crisp and bubbly.
4. Fill with cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Top each with a scoop of sour cream and sprinkle on chives.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.