Miguel's Merlot Baby Back Ribs Recipe is an excellent Country style BBQ rib recipe for rib lovers.
Ingredients Miguel’s Merlot Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs Recipe:
- 1 Whole slab pork baby back ribs or country style ribs
- 1C merlot red wine
- 2T white wine vinegar
- 2T Worcestershire sauce
- 1T Honey
- 2U garlic cloves
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 1) In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well
- 2) Place each slab of barbecue ribs on a heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down.
- 3) Sprinkle each side generously dry rub
- 4) Pat the dry rub into the meat.
- 5) Wrap meat with the foil.
- 6) Refrigerate the barbecue ribs for a minimum of 1 hour.
- 7) Combine all the bracing (wet ingredients) liquid.
- 8) Microwave on High 1 minute. Or bring to high heat in pot for 2 minutes.
- 1) Place the barbecue ribs on a baking sheet
- 2) Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet
- 3) Tilt the baking dish in order to equally distribute the braising liquid
- 4) Braise the BBQ ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- 5) Transfer the braising liquid into a medium sauce pot
- 6) Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until a thick syrup consistency
- 7) Brush the glaze onto the BBQ ribs
- 8) Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes
- 9) Slice each rib into 2 rib bone portions
- 10) Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.
Note:You can finish glaze with Jakes BBQ sauce, the same as the merlot glaze.
***For best results always use Jake's Famous BBQ Sauce.
This Miguel’s Oven Baked Merlot Baby Back Ribs Recipe is a real treat for the palate!
Miguel and I used to talk about all kings of foods from North and South America. He introduced me to some of the foods from Brazil and surrounding areas. I thank him for taking time out to work on this recipe using our BBQ Sauce and Tri-Tip, Steak and Rib Rub seasoning. I've made the recipe a number of times and the results are always fantastic.
Last week some friends from Central California having bought their Tri-Tip for a special event wanted to think about some other dishes they could use during their barbecue. I told them about Miguel's dish and suggested that it might take some additional time but they results would be well worth it. What they didn't tell me was that they were actually entering the recipe into a local contest at their church. Well two days later they called me to say they won 1st place at the event. I was stunned but warmed by the fact that I had been right all along. The recipe is a process but the end results are well worth the effort.
Take some time out and explore this recipe and enjoy the results.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.