How many times have you thought about making ribs differently than the old rub em', sauce em', throw em' on the grill method. Well here's a completely different method that the Greeks have been doing for hundreds of years. The ribs come out wonderful and full of flavor. Give yourself, your friends and your family a change of pace when you try this recipe. See the steps below:
Ingredients Greek Style BBQ Ribs Recipe:
- 3 Lbs of Baby Back Ribs "uncooked"
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Rind
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Oregano "fresh"
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper - Coarse Ground
- 1 Large plastic bag big enough to hold ribs
Steps Greek Style BBQ Ribs:
- 1 Clean ribs and remove any silver membrane on the back or U shaped side of the ribs.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend thoroughly.
- 3. Place all mix and ribs in a plastic bag.
- 4. Allow ribs to marinate for 4-8 hours.
- 5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees or bring your BBQ grill to 300 degrees. With the BBQ grill we are going to barbecue which means to cook slowly on a moderate heat.
- 6. When cooking in the oven Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until ribs have a nice sear.
- 7. Reduce the heat to 300 degrees then roast for 1 hour.
- 8. On the BBQ grill continue cooking covered for about 2 hours at 300 degrees.
- 9. Check the temperature of the ribs using a meat thermometer. Check that the temperature is about 170 degrees.
- 10. When temperature is reached remove the ribs cover in a container and let rest for about 8-10 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy for Summer BBQ Greek Ribs.
Learn more about Greek Foods
Our Greek foods recipe is presented as an option for those who want something other than the average every weekend rib dishes. We've been fortunate to travel extensively so when we got the chance to add a new recipe based on a foreign country we jumped at learning the style. The Greek ribs Recipe uses lemon, salts, honey and cloves to round out the recipe. We sometimes add a theme to the table with Greek style music, drinks, table settings and all of the items we can get our hands on as reminders of the times we were in the area. The ribs are always topped off with a Greek salad, drinks and anything else we can to set the stage. This is a great rib meal that should not be missed by anyone who loves ribs like we do.
As a birthday gift for one of my relatives we surprised them with the Greek Ribs and the Greek themed party. They had no idea of the effort we went to and only started getting curious when we turned on the music and began the line dancing. They were stunned but loved the effort and thanked everyone profusely for remembering their special day.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.