How many times have you thought about making ribs differently than the old rub em', sauce em', throw em' on the grill method. Well here's a completely different method that the Greeks have been doing for hundreds of years. The ribs come out wonderful and full of flavor. Give yourself, your friends and your family a change of pace when you try this recipe. See the steps below:
Ingredients Greek Style BBQ Ribs Recipe:
- 3 Lbs of Baby Back Ribs "uncooked"
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Rind
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Oregano "fresh"
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper - Coarse Ground
- 1 Large plastic bag big enough to hold ribs
Steps Greek Style BBQ Ribs:
- 1 Clean ribs and remove any silver membrane on the back or U shaped side of the ribs.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend thoroughly.
- 3. Place all mix and ribs in a plastic bag.
- 4. Allow ribs to marinate for 4-8 hours.
- 5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees or bring your BBQ grill to 300 degrees. With the BBQ grill we are going to barbecue which means to cook slowly on a moderate heat.
- 6. When cooking in the oven Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until ribs have a nice sear.
- 7. Reduce the heat to 300 degrees then roast for 1 hour.
- 8. On the BBQ grill continue cooking covered for about 2 hours at 300 degrees.
- 9. Check the temperature of the ribs using a meat thermometer. Check that the temperature is about 170 degrees.
- 10. When temperature is reached remove the ribs cover in a container and let rest for about 8-10 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy.
Learn more about Greek Foods
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.