BBQ Shrimp recipe in a wonderful Bourbon Glaze is truly appetizing....
This recipe is a true adaptation of our favorite Bourbon Glaze recipe for ribs. Following these steps to have a truly appetizing meal.
- 1/4 C Jake's Original Bar-B-Que Sauce***
- 1/4 C Butter
2 Medium Onions, minced
- 3/4 C Bourbon (**Inexpensive is fine and optional, you can substitute something else with similar flavoring if desired)
- 2/3 C Ketchup
- 1/2 C Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 C Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup
- 1/3 C Dark Unsulphured Molasses
- 2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 t Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 t Salt
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
**Suitable Bourbon substitutes include: Non-alcoholic vanilla extract. Champagne and other sparkling wines: Sparkling apple cider; sparkling cranberry juice; or sparkling grape juice. In this recipe sparking apple cider or vanilla extract is the better substitute.
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter with the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the Onions and sauté for 5 minutes, cooking until they begin to turn golden.
3. Add remaining ingredients into the sauce pan; reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens about 30 minutes or so, stirring frequently.
When complete you can spoon directly on your meat. You can glaze more than once if you choose. After the second glazing return the glaze mixture to the stove and simmer for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the glaze gets sticky.
Once shrimp is peeled and cleaned place in container and cover with Bourbon Glaze grilled shrimp marinade and let marinate for 30 minutes. Once marinated place shrimp on prepared grill 3 to 4 inches above a moderately hot fire. Brush the shrimp lightly with the Bourbon Glaze marinade, and cook until pink and done.
Reserve some of the BBQ Shrimp Bourbon Glaze as a dipping sauce at the table.
Remove and Serve.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.