Our New and Improved Raspberry Bourbon Santa Maria Style BBQ Glaze Recipe is exceptional and made with authentic ingredients.
Over the years we've focused on providing and excellent Bourbon Glaze recipe for Tri Tip. As we've been developing new recipes we've decided to add our very own Raspberry Bourbon Glaze recipe. This recipe combines the subtle flavors of Raspberry with healthy compliments of authentic Southern Style Bourbon Glaze. This is truly and exceptional recipe and should be cherished at every opportunity. This Raspberry Bourbon Glaze is perfect for Jake's Santa Maria Style Tri Tip Grill and can be used on Chicken, Steaks, Ribs, Lamb and just about any other dish that needs enhancing.
- 1/4 C Jake's Original Mild Bar-B-Que Sauce
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1 Cup Raspberry Jelly or minced Raspberries
- 2 Medium Onions, minced
- 3/4 C Bourbon (**Inexpensive is fine and optional, you can substitute something else with similar flavoring if desired)
- 2/3 C Ketchup
- 1/2 C Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 C Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup
- 1/3 C Dark Un-sulphured Molasses
- 2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 t Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 t Salt
**Suitable Bourbon substitutes include: Non-alcoholic vanilla extract. Champagne and other sparkling wines: Sparkling apple cider; sparkling cranberry juice; or sparkling grape juice. In this recipe sparking apple cider or vanilla extract is the better substitute.
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter with the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the Onions and sauté for 5 minutes, cooking until they begin to turn golden.
3. Add remaining ingredients into the sauce pan; reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens about 45 minutes or so, stirring frequently.
When complete you can spoon directly on your meat. You can glaze more than once if you choose. After the second glazing return the glaze mixture to the stove and simmer for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the glaze gets sticky.
Serve with the meat on the dinner table.
**For best results and to achieve the peak of flavor always use Jake's Famous Bar-B-Que Sauce.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.