This is a simple, quick and easy Memphis BBQ Rub for Rib recipe I use to make incredibly tasty ribs.
Follow these steps to make Memphis BBQ Rubbed Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 1) Preheat Barbecue Grill to 350 degrees.
- 2) Clean Ribs, Wash and remove excess fat.
- 3) Turn Ribs over, slip finger under white membrane on back side of ribs, remove as much as possible.
- 4) Removing the membrane exposes the meat and allows the seasoning to permeate more of the meat imparting flavor.
- 5) Place ribs on a baking sheet or foil and generously shake on Jake's Tri-Tip, Steak and Rib Rub, both sides.
- 6) Allow ribs to rest for 45 minutes.
- 7) Prepare grill. Oil grill rack to help prevent sticking.
- 8) We'll be cooking with indirect heat so wherever the fire is move the ribs to the opposite side.
- 9) Close barbecue grill lid.
- 10) Check back in 10 minutes to make sure grill isn't too hot and that ribs are not burning, close lid.
- 11) Check 10 minutes later and turn ribs.
- 12) For the remaining time leave lid closed for 15 minutes each time turning the ribs after checking.
- 13) Check Ribs with meat thermometer slipping the sensor between the rib bones. Follow temperature guide below.
- 14) Once done, remove and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
Oven Cooking Instructions with a Braising Liquid:
- 1) Place the barbecue ribs on a baking sheet
- 2) Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet
- 3) Tilt the baking dish in order to equally distribute the braising liquid
- 4) Braise the BBQ ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- 5) Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot
- 6) Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until a thick syrup consistency
- 7) Brush the glaze onto the BBQ ribs
- 8) Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes
- 9) Slice each rib into 2 rib bone portions
- 10) Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.
You can finish glaze with Jake's BBQ sauce, the same as the Merlot glaze.
For best results always use Jake's BBQ Sauce on this Memphis BBQ Rub Ribs Recipe.
If you would like to add barbecue sauce during the cooking stage do the following. As the meat nears 15-20 Degrees of your desired temperature begin applying the BBQ Sauce. Fully cover the Ribs and allow the sauce to cook on for 5 minutes, turn and apply again. Coat the meat at least 3 times on both sides ultimately allowing the sauce to bake on for fifteen minutes or more. Once done allow the meat to cool for 2-3 minutes then go to the cutting board. The sauce can be reapplied to the meat one last time just before cutting if you desire. Follow the scale below:
|Medium - Rare
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 December, 2017.