Incredibly fresh and delicate Corn On The Cob done in the Microwave! This is the fastest and simplest method for cooking Corn On The Cob. It requires 4 basic things, Corn On The Cob, Water, A Microwave and a Pot. Follow these simple directions to have the best tasting corn you've ever had.
1 Select Corn. Corn should be selected with fresh green husks with the silk still on. Run your fingers near the top of the corn and feel the kernels from the outer side. If you feel gaps around the top of the corn return that one and select corn that feel full at the top.
2. With a pair of scissors or knife, clip off the silk just at the tip of the husks. Discard the silk and any excess husks.
3. Wash the corn to remove any dirt.
4. Place the corn in a pot, cover the corn with water for 15-20 minutes. The corn should be fully submersed under water. You may need to place a heavy lid on the corn to hold it down. The water will soak into the corn cob which will aid steaming during the cooking process.
5. Once soaked, remove the corn and drain off any excess water.
6. Place a paper towel on the turntable of microwave and place the corn on top, with about 1" space between. Cook no more than 4 ears at a time on HIGH setting.
Turn ears over and rearrange after 1/2 cooking time.
- 1 ear - 2 to 3 minutes**
- 2 ears - 4 to 6 minutes
- 3 ears - 6 to 8 minutes
- 4 ears - 8 to 10 minutes
- 6 ears - 10 to 12 minutes
**Times will vary depending on the size of the ears of corn and the quantity cooked.
When corn has finished cooking, let cool for 3 to 5 minutes, then using a towel to protect your hands, hold corn and peel back the husks which will be easy to remove. Salt and butter the ears at this time. The husks may be pulled back over the ear to keep warm or completely remove husks and serve.
**Fantastic Dry Rub shake for Corn On the Cob, easy to use and great tasting: California Chicken Rub formerly Seasoned Salt for smoky, spicy flavor.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.