How can microbial risks be avoided? By Managing Barbecue Food Safety.
Barbecue Cooking Food Safety
Food Safety can be improved and Food borne infections avoided by complying with hygiene rules when handling foods:
- Raw foods of animal origin and other foods (e.g. salads or desserts) should be stored and prepared separately particularly when the latter are not going to be reheated.
- Frozen meat should be removed from its packaging before thawing in the fridge.
- Packaging materials, thaw water and any marinade left over should be carefully disposed of.
- Clean any devices and surfaces that have come into contact with raw foods of animal origin, thaw water or marinades thoroughly with warm water and washing-up liquid before using them again.
- Wash hands thoroughly with warm water and soap between the individual preparation stages.
- Meat should always be cooked through. In the case of poultry ensure that the color of the meat on the bone, too, is somewhere between white and grey.
- To prevent germs migrating from the raw meat or marinade to the cooked food, different barbecue tongs or forks should be used.
For other sauces, mayonnaise and otherwise sensitive foods (like desserts) which do not contain raw eggs, the following applies: Always refrigerate properly and only remove from serving just before consumption.
These items can help you when preserving Barbecue Cooking Food Safety. Take a read and use these items to improve your barbecue.
- Coolers: Storing foods and beverages is indispensable toward improving barbecue food safety
- Jug of water, soap and paper towels for washing hands
- Sterile hand gel
- Plates and utensils to keep raw and cooked foods separate
- Foil or other wraps for leftovers
- Food thermometer
Barbecue Food Safety
Is of utmost concern and requires that each of us pay it due attention when grilling and barbecuing not only for ourselves but others.
Continuing Food Safety
Considering the times we live in it is more important that ever to think about food safety. Along with washing hands and wearing masks and ensuring that you're a certain distance from someone who might be ill then food and food illness rank right up there with some of the major concerns in society today. What does proper washing of foods really mean especially when considering that some fruits and vegetables have been sprayed with certain pesticides considered harmless to humans to deadly to pests. Washing of apples and oranges is more critical now than it ever has been.
In the barbecue world you really have to spend time trimming meat and making sure you do cook something int the food that you really don't want. I use the time after trimming to use a consistent regimen of cleaning and washing the meat before marinating and seasoning. While you never want to use soap on meats it a good ideas to have lukewarm water that runs continuously to remove any debris or bacteria.
I tell people to get familiar with the smells of meat before they buy. It's always hard to smell meats in the meat counter but you want to pay particular attention to the meats in the discount section. Check the sell by dates and if the color at all looks off then move on to the next piece even if it's the only one left. Nothing can make up the pain and suffering you may feel if you get food poisoning believe me I know personally.
If there are fruit washing related chemicals that are available then I would consider buying them. It doesn't hurt to be a little extra cautious for your own well being.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.