Our full flavored homemade Carne Asada recipe is wonderful and easy to make as a summertime treat.
Jake's Carne Asada Recipe
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- Olive oil, for coating the grill
- Jake's California Chicken Rub formerly Seasoned Salt
- Ground black pepper
- Shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce for serving
- Chopped white onion, for serving
- Shredded Jack Cheese for serving
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo
- 2 limes, cut in wedges for serving
- 16 (7-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 orange, juiced
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Lay the flank steak in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Seal the container and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Don't marinate the steak for more than 8 hours or the fibers will break down too much making the meat mushy.
Preheat an outdoor grill or broiler to medium high heat. Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Remove the steak from the marinade and season the steak on both sides with Jake's Seasoned Salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal.
Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty and pliable.
To make tacos, stack up 2 of the warm tortillas, place about 4 ounces of grilled beef down the center, and sprinkle with some lettuce, onion, and cheese. Top each taco with a spoonful of the Pico de Gallo salsa and garnish with lime wedges and sprinkle on some additional Jake's Seasoned Salt. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
In a ceramic dish, bowl or mortar and pestle, or blender mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up well to combine. Blend can be used as a marinade for chicken, beef or as a table condiment.
Pico De Gallo:
If you can't locate Pico De Gallo you can make it with this recipe.
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 Serrano Chile, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Jake's Seasoned salt
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Toss thoroughly. Let sit for 15 minutes to 1 hour while flavors to blend.
Homemade Carne Asada Seasoned Recipe Makes approximately 2 cups
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.