One of my BBQ friends thought that a great everyday recipe would be that for a Carne Asada style Chicken wrap. The wrap is easy to make and the ingredients can be used on just about any meat type like beef or turkey. Read up and make you own style of wraps.
Chicken Wrap Recipes Using Carne Asada Ingredients
- 2 Chicken Breasts or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil ( for Grill coating)
- 2 Tablespoons Jake's Californian Chicken Rub formerly Seasoned Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 Shredded romaine or cabbage for serving
- Chopped white onion, for serving
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Jack Cheese for serving
- 1/2 cup Tomato Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- 2 limes, cut in wedges for serving
- 16 (10-inch) flour wrap tortillas
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 Cup Raspberries Fresh or Dried
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (Optional)
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil (for cooking)
- 3 Tablespoons Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Carne Asada Marinade: Mix together Jake's California Chicken Rub formerly Seasoned Salt, black pepper, Olive oil for cooking, Turmeric, Raspberries, garlic cloves, Kosher salt, orange juice, limes juice, and white vinegar.
Directions: Lay the Chicken Breasts or flank steak in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Seal the container and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Do not marinate more than 8 hours as the fibers will break down too much making the meat mushy.
Following marination preheat an outdoor grill or broiler to medium high heat. Brush the grates with a the Olive oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Remove the chicken breast or steak from the marinade and season sides with Jake's Seasoned Salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees for chicken and 140 degrees for steak. Turn the meat every 7 to 10 minutes until the desired temperature is reached. Remove the meat and let rest on the cutting board for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Thinly slice the meat on a diagonal.
Warm the wrap tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry or lightly oiled skillet or on the grill, until toasty and pliable.
To make tacos: stack up 2 of the warm tortillas, place about 4 ounces of grilled chicken or beef down the center, and sprinkle with some cabbage, onion, cheese and cilantro. Top each taco with a spoonful of the Pico de Gallo salsa or standard salsa, garnish with lime wedges and sprinkle additional Jake's Seasoned Salt for taste. Top with Buttermilk Ranch dressing and fold over or wrap the warmed tortillas tightly.
Pico De Gallo Recipe (optional):
If you can't locate Pico De Gallo you can make it with this recipe.
Ingredients Carne Asada Marinated Chicken Wraps Pico de Gallo:
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 Serrano Chile, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Jake's Seasoned salt
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Toss thoroughly. Let sit for 15 minutes to 1 hour while flavors to blend and serve with wraps.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.