Blackened fish is exceptional when done right and we've got a best BBQ fish recipe that will knock your grilling socks off.
Blackened Fish Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Table or Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Ground Basil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 4 Salmon, Talapia, Catfish, Halibut or Snapper Filets (Bones removed)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter melted
In a small bowl mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano. Brush fish fillets on both sides of each fillet with 1/4 cup unsalted butter and sprinkle evenly with cayenne pepper mix. In a large, heavy skillet over high heat, cook fish fillets until blackened, about 2 to 5 minutes. Turn fillets and drizzle remaining butter on each side of fillet, continue cooking until blackened and fish flakes easily.
Remove Blackened fish, let rest 2 minutes, serve.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 September, 2017.